Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Mother's Love


The famous line "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" is from the all time classic "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. This book is my all time favorite and I'm sure many other people's favorite too. I can't even count how many times I read this book as a child; I'd lose count. As well being a narrative story, this book could probably be considered poetic in a way as well, with the repitition of the oh so unforgettable line. The book is also fairly basic, but somehow everyone seems to fall in love with it after he or she reads it. Maybe it's the enjoyable, detailed, realistic illustrations that help the reader better relate the book to his or her life. I hope this book is still around when I have children because I would love to share it with them.

No comments: